Ed is an experienced group CEO.
Ed’s expertise is hotels and hotel real estate with a particular focus on acquisition, disposition, refinancing and restructuring. Ed has overseen the acquisition and disposition of circa $700m worth of hotels, as well as being lead in over a $1bn of multi-jurisdictional financings and re-financings.
In addition, Ed has been responsible for the successful asset management of a portfolio of over 30 upscale properties across Europe, the Americas, Africa and the Indian Ocean, including responsibility for the oversight of over €100m of capital works and ongoing operator selection and management.
Ed is a qualified accountant and graduated from the University of Nottingham (BA Econ). In his spare time he fails at keeping fit.
Ed’s experience includes:
- Responsibility for the asset management of hotels with a combined annual revenue in excess of €500m
- Responsibility for over €100m of capital investment decisions
- The restructuring of circa €300m of pan-European debt with a major global investment bank
- The establishment and running of the global headquarters for a highly complex group headquartered in London with head office companies across Europe and the US
- Operator selection – negotiation of management contracts with leading hotel operators
- Being a lead team member in the acquisition and disposition of circa €1bn of hotels/hotel real estate
- Insurance – negotiated an insurance deal for a global hotel group resulting in significant cost savings and enhanced cover for the group
Prior to joining RoundApple, Blair had worked in a broad range of sectors, having started out in chartered accountancy practice before moving into banking, financial services, advertising and for the last 11 years, within the hotels & leisure sector.
Having started his hotels and leisure experience working through the £2.1bn restructuring and reorganization of the Le Meridien Hotels & Resorts worldwide group of companies, the last 10 years have been spent working within the Starman Hotels Group.
From managing the worldwide tax and treasury functions of a complex multinational hotel owning group, Blair has also delivered on a number of multi-jurisdictional restructuring and reorganisation projects.
Together with involvement in numerous acquisitions, disposals and refinancings across multiple jurisdictions, Blair has a wealth and breadth of experience in the ownership and operation of complex hotel portfolios.
Blair’s experience includes:
- The proposing and managing of significant and complex pan-European restructurings involving numerous stakeholders
- Extensive operational tax management across multiple jurisdictions
- The implementation of optimal taxation structuring for complex groups including reductions in complexity via restructurings of the corporate structure and the liquidation of non-core entities
- Advised on tax aspects of numerous acquisitions and disposals
- Intra group finance structuring & restructurings – implemented and managed complex intercompany loan processes to ensure maximum functionality and tax efficiencies across multiple jurisdictions
- The implementation and management of VAT and WHT efficient global invoicing systems for head office/shared service centre functions
- The implementation and management of tax efficient transfer pricing policies relating to shared service centre functions
John has over 35 years’ experience in the insurance industry, during which time he has acted as Account Director for several major international hotel chains, including Le Meridien and Kingdom Hotels.
John’s experience includes helping to design and implement international global insurance and risk management programmes, advising clients on specialist risk exposures and working closely with major lending institutions to ensure both parties’ needs are met in any deal with a debt component.
The considerable experience of a wide range of clients and international risks has given John the knowledge and ability to advise new clients on their insurance and risk management strategy, while assisting on placement of insurance covers by working with client’s existing or new insurance brokers.
A hotel and leisure Industry all–rounder, with over 25 years’ hands-on experience in the hotel and leisure industry. Mark started his career in the Savoy Hotel in London in the 70’s where he worked his way up to be one of London’s youngest four-star hotel General Managers.
Mark is an experienced GM, running hotels in the UK, Europe and Americas. From 2006, Mark has been an independent Asset Manager, responsible for P&L management at a variety of European and UK properties.
Mark’s hands-on experience whilst running hotels and through dealing with Operators make him an invaluable asset when it comes to ensuring properties perform to plan.
Anna is a qualified accountant with extensive experience in worldwide group consolidation, financial and management reporting, cash-flow management and scenario modelling. Anna has extensive knowledge of local GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
Anna has significant pan-European expertise in handling the accounting and commercial financial elements in both asset and share acquisitions and dispositions, as well as handling various lines of due diligence throughout the transaction period.
Experience in project-based work in a fast changing environment and necessity to co-operate with a wide range of people both Europe and worldwide has given Anna the ability to quickly adapt to changes and to manage complex tasks efficiently.
Nicola is an ACIS qualified Company Secretary with 10 years’ experience working within the International Hospitality Real Estate industry.
She has extensive knowledge and experience of multijurisdictional corporate administration as well as UK statutory and company law related matters.
Nicola’s core skills have been developed through significant experience of corporate restructurings, mergers and disposals in multiple jurisdictions.
Nicola holds a Law with French degree from Sussex University.
John has worked in the hospitality industry for nearly 30 years, at both hotel level and various regional and head office functions.
He specialises in the IT and Finance departments, maintaining both the major applications as well as the day to day IT support for all the office users.
Key roles include the maintenance and support of the Sun Accounts system and the CPM10 reporting system. As administrator for these essential applications, he continues to develop the systems alongside the more routine DBA tasks.
John is also experienced in ensuring system wide security and integrity.
Adrian Trent runs Future54, RoundApple’s preferred capital project partner. With Future54’s vast and diverse project experience, they have developed a range of specialist tools and techniques to effectively manage a variety of material hotel capital projects. Future54 specialise in the Hotels & Leisure sector.
Future54 have delivered a number of high profile hotel projects across Europe and the UK. Our highly qualified and experienced team offers detailed sector knowledge and a strong work ethic.
We aim to become a trusted member of our client’s core team, adding value to any organisation by employing our extensive skills and expertise.
Benjamin West is the world’s leading purchaser of hospitality FF&E and OS&E. We work for owners, investors and developers on projects ranging from luxury historic hotels to cool, city-centre hostels.
Benjamin West acts, at all times, as each client’s fiduciary agent, purchasing FF&E at cost from suppliers worldwide and provides both expertise and significant added-value to each project.